Hello, and welcome to the Monroe County Clerk's Office. As the County Clerk of Monroe County, I would like to take a minute to tell you what we do in our office. The County Clerk is the official recorder and record keeper for most legal documents. These documents include births, marriages, deaths, wills, deeds, mortgages, releases and much more.
The County Clerk also serves as the county's chief election official supervising elections and voter's registration and is responsible for maintaining custody and integrity of the county's voting machines, conducting training for poll workers, preparing the ballot and other election duties.
Our office takes care of the county's accounts receivables, payables, and payroll for county employees. We issue marriage license, hunting and fishing license and we also provide free notary services. We probate wills, and assist in the administration of estates. We also preserve county documents.
The County Clerk also serves as the Clerk to the Monroe County Commission. These responsibilities include scheduling of meetings for the Commission and taking minutes for such meetings. The Clerk serves as the Chief Financial Officer for the county and prepares the County's annual financial statement, helps prepare the coming year budget, maintains and processes all of the county's financial needs including payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am till 4:30 pm, excluding legal holidays. We do not close for lunch.
The Monroe County Clerk and his staff truly understand the meaning of public service. We are here to serve and assist you in any way possible.
Thank you for visiting.
Below are the simple instructions you will need to access documents online.
- Enter the Last Name, then First Name (if known), then hit Enter.
- Find the appropriate document that you are searching for. On the leftmost column there may be
- Image in blue. If there is, click on that to view the image of the document. If the Blue Image is not there, this means the document has not been scanned.
- You can not print, unless you have a copy account.
- Copy accounts are strictly for Businesses.
- If you need a copy of a document and you do not have a copy account. Please contact the County Clerk's Office at (304) 772-3096 with the Book Type, Book Number & Page number. With that we will print you out a copy of the document and send you the document and invoice.
- Once the invoice is received, please promptly pay. You can not request another copy of a document until your previous invoice is paid.
- If you are a business wishing to open a copy account, please contact the County Clerk's Office at (304) 772-3096.
Notice: Online Documents are indexed during the following Time Frames:
- Deeds, Power of Attorneys, Etc - Current till Early 1950's
- Deeds of Trust, Releases, Assignments, Fidicuaries and all other documents - Current till July 1, 1999
- To check documents prior to July 1, 1999 a visit to the Record Room will be required. There you will need to check the Hardback Indexes for the documents.
County Clerk's Office